Partner – LLB (Honours) Chulalongkorn University, LLM Cornell University (USA)
Bancha joined Siam Premier in 1996 and was admitted to Partnership in 2002.
Following completion of his academic training, which included a Masters on Mergers and Acquisitions from Cornell University, USA, Bancha has put this international training into practice acting for large multinational clients in establishing first class commercial arrangements. Bancha has wide knowledge in the energy laws and is the head of our team lawyers providing legal advice and consultancy to the Ministry of Energy on a yearly retainer basis. The Thai Ministry of Justice has certified Bancha as an official Thai- English translator. These translation skills provide his clients with invaluable assistance when navigating the lingual and cultural barriers to successful investment in Thailand.
Selected Transactional Experience
- Advising Siam Future Development PLC in connection with its development and establishment of its first mega department store in Thailand i.e. Mega Bangna Project and the first IKEA store in Thailand as well as handling construction permits and the contractual transactions such as lease agreements and services agreements.
- Advising IKANO Group, a high level hypermarket operator, in connection with its potential development and establishment of a new hypermarket/department store in Thailand in terms of legal framework relating to foreign business operations and relevant licenses.
- Advising as Thai legal counsel of Thai Airways International PLC and coordinating with its lawyers in various jurisdictions in connection with antitrust investigations and proceedings pending in various countries.
- Advising as Thai legal counsel of Thai Airways International PLC including coordinating with lawyers in the UK for pursuing a civil lawsuit against a Japanese aircraft seat manufacturer in relation to contractual disputes under English proceedings.
- Advising PTT Chemicals PLC in relation to its subsidiaries’ business re-organisation and contractual agreements.
- Advising Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in relation to legal options available for establishing an independent entity or intergovernmental organization in Thailand to operate non-profit activities of the Alliance for Financial Inclusion Project.
- Advising CTH PLC, a content provider, regarding agreements entered into with the Football Association Premier League Limited for audio-visual rights to broadcast English Premier League football matches.
- Advising Muang Thai Insurance Plc. in its dispute solution with a major international reinsurance company in connection with insurance claims arisen from Thailand’s major flood in 2011.
- Advising Global Business Consultants Co., Ltd. for the preparation of proposal documents in support of Independent Power Producers Bidding requested by Energy Regulatory Commission, Thailand.
- Advising a private company investing in Cambodia, in bidding and establishing a power plant in Phnom Penh. This includes dealing with the government authorities in relation to the power purchase agreement and the contract from Norway in relation to the EPC contract.
- Advising on all aspects of EGAT power purchase agreements as well as bid preparation and project financing.
- Advising a high-profile American investor in relation to online lottery services.
- Advising Bangkok Aviation Fuel Services in relation to various commercial deals.
- Advising Caltex Oil in dealing with government authorities.
- Advising CITIC Group in its attempt to acquire a stake in Thai Petrochemical Industry.
- Advising Group4Securicor in various commercial transactions.
Bancha has also advised and assisted the Agricultural Futures Trading Commission and the Agricultural Futures Exchange of Thailand in drafting regulations on futures trading of white rice and smoked rubber sheets, and has advised many companies in relation to conversion to public company status listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand.
Tel: +66 2646 1888 ext: 1018 Fax: +66 2646 1919