Employment & Labour
Siam Premier International Law Office Limited has represented clients for over 20 years in all aspects of the individual and collective employment relationship. The Employment & Labour Team at Siam Premier advises employers on all facets of the employment relationship and has individual team member development expertise in multiple areas. This ensures advice can be provided in a timely, cost-effective and efficient manner.
We regularly assist employers and their executives with:
- Business immigration and relocation;
- Compliance with employment related statutes;
- Director and officer liability issues and fiduciary duties;
- Drafting and enforcing confidentiality, non-solicitation and non-competition covenants;
- Employment contract and incentive compensation issues;
- Human rights and harassment in the workplace, including workplace violence;
- Executive compensation planning;
- Occupational health and safety;
- Outsourcings, restructurings and plant and facility closures;
- Pay equity;
- Privacy and access to information issues in the employment setting;
- Pleading employment-related litigation;
- Privacy and access to information issues;
- Proactive and strategic advice regarding relevant laws;
- Reorganization and workforce reduction;
- Strategic human resources planning;
- Termination and severance practices and arrangements;
- Transition and retention programs, and retirement benefits; and
- Wrongful dismissal.
In the field of labour relations, we focus exclusively on representing management. Our services in this field include advice and representation in:
- Collective agreement administration;
- Collective bargaining;
- Discipline and termination of employment;
- Labour arbitration and dispute resolution;
- Industrial conflicts (strikes, lock-outs and picketing);
- Successor-employer proceedings;
- Unfair labour practices; and
- Strategic labour advice.
We are also regularly involved in the employment and labour-related aspects of commercial transactions, including those arising from mergers, acquisitions, insolvency and receivership and in strategic employment and human resource planning. Our advice includes negotiating the human resources aspects of a corporate transaction and drafting various related agreements including transition services agreements, employment agreements and restrictive covenant agreements.