Projects & Energy
Our Projects and Energy practice is a well-rounded practice as we assist with all aspects of project development from financing through to implementation. We are experienced in handling all of the contracts necessary for large scale projects involving multi-jurisdictional teams and expertise in a wide range of practice areas.
Using the power of our affiliates Lao Premier, Myanmar Premier, and Nagashima Ohno & Tsunematsu, we are able to provide expertise in transaction structures which are at the cutting edge of the energy sector.
We advise on the full range of project and energy sector legal issues, including:
- Mergers and acquisitions;
- Corporate restructuring;
- Corporate governance;
- Competition law;
- Build-own-operate energy projects (electricity and gas transmission lines and pipelines, power stations, etc);
- Operations agreements;
- Electricity purchase and sale contracts;
- Gas purchase contracts;
- Electricity transmission and gas transportation agreements;
- Connection agreements;
- Hedging and commodity marketing contracts; and
- Emissions credit trading